What Are Lip Fillers?
What Are Lip Injections, Lip fillers are Hyaluronic acid which are particles which are capable of holding 1000x it’s weight in water. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the skin. Lip fillers are basically dermal fillers specially formulated for injection in the lips.
The type of filler used depends on how much volume you prefer or what type of look you wish to achieve. For volume a filler with larger molecules is prefered such as Teosyal Kiss. For a smooth feel a basic filler such as Juvederm may be applied.
How do lip injections work?
Lip injections are a quick procedure for reduces enhancing the lips. It can add volume if you wish to achieve fuller lips or for anti-aging to smooth out lip creases.
Hyaluronic acid is also used as facial fillers for those looking for wrinkle reduction or for fat loss in the face. Botox is often used in conjunction with dermal fillers for wrinkle reduction
How long do lips fillers last?
How long do lip fillers last? Lip fillers typically last 12 to 18 months. However, it depends on your age and how fast your body breaks down calories into energy (metabolism). Younger people tend to burn calories faster, so lip fillers don’t last as long.
Who gets lip fillers?
Getting lip fillers is a personal decision. Pursuing your wants and desires for your body can be empowering.
To be considered for lip fillers, you should:
- Be in good physical health.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Not have an active oral infection, including canker sores or cold sores.
Many people who get lip fillers want to increase the size of their lips. You might want to enlarge the size of your lips for many reasons, including:
- Restoring a previous lip size. As you age, your lips may get smaller or thinner, your philtrum (the groove between your upper lip and septum) may get longer and flatter and the distance between the corners of your mouth (intercommissural distance) may increase.
- Correcting the shape of your lips. It’s common for your lips to be different sizes or shapes (asymmetrical).
- Smoothing wrinkles. When you smile or laugh, wrinkles sometimes develop on the sides of your mouth.
- Boosting confidence. Lip fillers can help improve your self-esteem and body image.
Why are lip fillers used?
Lip fillers restore or add volume to your lips. They don’t stop the aging process, but they might help delay the need for a more invasive surgical lip augmentation, like lip implants or a lip lift. They can also help you achieve a desired look, which boosts your self-esteem.
Over time, you may lose volume in your lips, which may be a result of:
- Sun damage.